INITIAL CLIENT INTERVIEW:
• PSSD, Clients and Pet(s) will meet at the Client’s home prior to the beginning of service.
• The following information and permissions will be gathered and signed: Service Agreement, Veterinarian Release and Key/Home Access Permission
• PSSD and the Client will meet prior to the beginning of service to complete a ‘service agreement’.
• The service agreement will consist of pet(s) information, client contact information, service fees, disclosures, expiration, extension and termination of agreement.
PAYMENT & PRICING
SERVICE FEE STRUCTURE – PRICING:
• All pricing is subject to change without notice.
• See attached Pricing Index for a list of services and fees.
ACCEPTED FORMS OF PAYMENT:
• PSSD accepts debit and credit cards (Visa, Mastercard and Discover)
• PSSD will accept payment in cash, check or money order.
• There will be a $20 fee for returned checks due to non-sufficient funds.
TIMING OF PAYMENTS:
• Payment is due upon completion of services.
• Payments are considered to be late if not received within 14 days of the invoice date.
• Balances unpaid after 14 days are subject to a 10% late fee and each 14 days thereafter.
DELINQUENT PAYMENT COLLECTION:
• Balances unpaid after 90 days will be referred to a collection service for payment.
SCHEDULING OF SERVICES
• Reservations for service should be made a minimum of 24 hours in advance of the desired service dates, except in cases of emergencies.
• Availability of service is subject to schedule openings.
• PSSD recommends scheduling services as early as possible especially during the holiday season.
CONFIRMATION CONTACT PROCEDURES:
• PSSD will call or email the client within 24 hours of beginning of service to confirm scheduling
• There will be no charge to cancel services prior to the first schedule visit.
• Should PSSD arrive for the first schedule visit and services are not required, the client will be charged for the full amount of the reservation visits made.
BUSINESS HOURS and VISIT DETAILS
HOURS OF OPERATION:
• Scheduled visits will be performed: 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily
• Reservations calls will be taken: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. daily
o After hour calls will be returned the next day.
MINIMUM DAILY VISITS:
• It is recommendation of PSSD that pets require a minimum number of visits per day to assure the pet’s safety and health during the owner’s absence.
• The minimums are as follows:
o Cats – 1 visit per day
o Dogs – 3 visits per day unless secure access to the outdoors is available
o Birds – 2 visits per day
o Others (ie. exotics, fish, reptiles, ferrets, hamsters, etc.) – 1 visit per day
• Scheduled visits will be approximately 30 minutes in duration, taking into consideration travel time.
• Visits that require additional time will be billed accordingly.
• Overnight visits are not available.
PET CARE CHECK LIST:
• PSSD will leave a list of activities they have performed at each visit along with any necessary notes for the client to review upon their return.
PET CARE SUPPLY LIST:
• The following items should be available for the pet sitter to use during their scheduled visits:
o Flashlights – in the event the power is out
o Snow shovels & brooms
o Paper towels and cleaning supplies
o Leashes & harnesses
o Umbrellas and old towels
o Trash bags
o Pet food, treats, water supply
o Pet medication
o Extra litter and/or doggie clean up bags
o Litter scoop
o Crate, kennel or carrier for each pet
• Should additional supplies need to be purchased during the client’s absence.
• A purchase receipt will be included with the client’s invoice and reimbursement is expected with payment at the completion of services.
HEALTH/BEHAVIORAL ISSUE LIST:
• A list of health issues for each pet should be included in the Service Agreement and Veterinarian Release.
• A list of behavioral issues should be described at the time the Service Agreement is signed.
INTERACTION WITH OTHER PETS & INDIVIDUALS:
• PSSD should be made aware of any interaction problems the pet(s) may have or have had with other animals or individuals.
• PSSD will not be responsible for injuries incurred due to behavioral problems (that we were not made aware of) under our care.
ROUTINE VS. PROFESSIONAL CLEANING:
• PSSD will do our best to leave the client’s home in the condition it was found in.
• Mishaps do happen & there are times when pet messes are inevitable. Cleaning supplies should be left for PSSD use.
• Clients should be aware that professional cleaning may be necessary upon their return.
• PSSD asks that the client does not leave dirty dishes on counters and in sinks when they leave for an extended period of time.
• Clients should supply PSSD with contact information of a neighbor who has access to the home in the event PSSD is unable to reach the clients home due to impassable roadways.
• PSSD will make every effort to make all visits during any types of weather.
OUTSIDE PET POLICY:
• Cats should be kept indoors.
• PSSD can not accept responsibility for cats that may not be available for care because they have free access to the outdoors.
o It is the owner’s responsibility to be sure that cats are inside the home at the time of their departure. PSSD will not allow cats outdoors during the owner’s absence.
• PSSD will not allow access to the outdoors for any pet unsupervised.
• Dogs will be leashed unless there is a secure fenced area available to them.
• PSSD is happy to hold the client’s house/apartment keys for use during future visits.
o Keys are tagged and kept in a secure location
• Keys not held by PSSD are subject to a pick up or return fee (see pricing structure).
• Keys will not be locked inside the home at the last scheduled visit time in the event of a delayed return by the client.
• Should the client requests that the keys be left at the home after the last visit, they will be placed outdoors in a secure location chosen by the client.
CLIENT RETURN NOTIFICATION:
• Clients are expected to call or email PSSD upon their return.
• Should PSSD not hear from the client before the next necessary visit time, PSSD will continue services until contact is made by the client, and invoiced accordingly.
• Travel information (flight, train or bus information) should be left for PSSD before the client’s departure, in order that PSSD can monitor arrival times online where available.
NOTIFICATION OF “ADDITIONAL” SERVICES:
• Other services expected by clients should be detailed upon completion of the Service Agreement.
• Last minute requests should be detailed in instructions left prior to the client’s departure.
• Client will be invoiced accordingly.
CLIENT RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANIMAL BEHAVIOR:
• PSSD will not be responsible for destruction of property due to animal behavior during PSSD’s absence.
• PSSD will not be responsible in the event the pet(s) become aggressive and cause bodily harm to another person or animal.
• Refer to HEATH/BEHAVIORAL ISSUES LIST
NOTIFICATION OF INDIVIDUALS WITH ACCESS OF HOME:
• PSSD asks the client to leave a detailed list of all individuals that have access to the home.
• PSSD asks that the client notify these individuals and neighbors that PSSD will have access to the home during their absence.
• Refer to KEY/HOME ACCESS PERMISSION
PRIVACY OF CLIENT INFORMATION:
• Client information will be kept strictly confidential between PSSD and the client unless other individuals are indicated by the client.
• Should PSSD be sharing the duties of caring for the client’s pet(s) or home with another individual, the client shall make available all contact information of each person.
• A detail of duties should also be made available to PSSD and the other party involved.
HOME CLIMATE CONTROL:
• The temperature of the home will be kept at a safe degree for pet(s) and the household during the client’s absence.
DISPOSAL OF PET WASTE:
• Pet waste will be bagged and disposed of in the client’s outside receptacle when applicable.
• Clients should have identification for all pet(s), whether that is a name tag with phone number or id chip.
• Pet(s) without ID will be equipped with a collar tag stating ‘if found, contact PSSD’ and our contact information.
• Clients are expected to abide by all local laws regarding pet vaccinations.
• Current tags should be available with proof of vaccination.
EMERGENCY CONTACT AND PET CARE PROCEDURES:
• Clients should make themselves familiar with PSSD’s Disaster Preparedness Policy. (Available via e-mail or hard copy upon request) or visit our website: http://petsitterservicesofdecatur.com
• Contact numbers and voicemail should be monitored in the event that PSSD needs to reach the client.
• Alternative housing for pet(s) should be available in case of a disaster (tornado damage, flooding, etc.), such as friends, relatives or a preferred kennel. Or any persons who are willing to house the client’s pet(s) temporarily.
INSURANCE AND CERTIFICATION
• PSSD is a member of (NAPPS) The National Association of Professional Pet Sitters (petsitters.org)
• PSSD is insured with ‘Business Insurers of the Carolinas’, which is recommended by NAPPS. We carry insurance for our protection and the protection of your property and animals.
• PSSD has completed an intense study program provided by NAPPS to become a Certified Pet Sitter. Those study areas include animal care and behavior, pet first aid and CPR, business management. We are also certified through the American Red Cross for Pet First Aid and CPR.
Policy & Procedures are subject to change at any time.
Amendments to these policies and procedures can be made on an individual basis only by a representative of Pet Sitter Services of Decatur, LLC